Computer Science and Engineering Department at IIT Hyderabad is active in research areas including theoretical computer science, algorithms, graph theory, networking, parallel & distributed computing, databases, data mining, information retrieval, compilers, machine learning, and image/video processing. The department offers structured summer internship program between May - July every year. Selected interns will get the opportunity to work closely with highly talented researchers to:
- Create and deliver innovative technical solutions
- Publish papers in top conferences and journals
- Contribute to the generation of patents
- Pursue breakthrough research in a challenging and stimulating environment
The department offers internship under the following schemes:
- MSR funded internship
- Summer internship
- Winter internship
For summer of 2017, we are offering Microsoft Research (MSR) India sponsored internships and summer internships.
- Selected candidates will have to report at IITH on the reporting date with necessary documents. We may tolerate a delay of 2-3 days for exceptional reasons such as exams, if communicated well in advance.
- One has to work for at least 8 weeks to receive stipend from the funded internships.
- Submit your online application here
- Faculty profiles can be found here
- Faculty research details can be found here
1. Do the students have a flexibility in joining date?
The intern has to join the program before 31st May, and should spend at least 8 weeks.
2. Any accommodation will be provided to participants of SI?
3. What is the typical stipend?
15K (INR) for 10 weeks. If an intern stays only for 8 weeks, he/she gets 12K; for 9 weeks, 13.5K. You need to pay for boarding and lodging. This stipend is paid in both MSR and project sponsored interns.