Summer Internship 2018
- Update 06th Apr 2018: The list of candidates selected for Summer Internship 2018 is here.
- Update 30th Mar 2018: The list of candidates selected for the Summer Internship programme will be announced in few days. We apologize for the delay.
- Update 4th Feb 2018: We are now accepting applications for summer 2018 internship in CSE department.
Computer Science and Engineering Department at IIT Hyderabad is active in research areas including theoretical computer science, algorithms, graph theory, networking, parallel & distributed computing, databases, data mining, information retrieval, compilers, machine learning, and image/video processing. The department offers structured summer internship program between May - July every year. Selected interns will get the opportunity to work closely with highly talented researchers to:
- Create and deliver innovative technical solutions
- Publish papers in top conferences and journals
- Contribute to the generation of patents
- Pursue breakthrough research in a challenging and stimulating environment
- Duration: Typically 8 to 10 weeks
- Eligibility: The candidate must be from CSE, IT, EE, ECE background. The candidate must be completing 3rd year in April/May 2018. 2nd year candidates with exceptional academic performance and other achievements may also be considered. Students with experience in programming will be preferred.
- Selection Procedure: Candidates must fill the online application. The final selection will be made based on the details given in the application.
- Stipend: Summer interns may get stipend if they are working under a funded project or if there is an available grant for internship.
- Last date for submitting online application: 15th March 2018
- Announcement of selected candidates: 26th March 2018
- Commencement of internship: 1st week of May
- Selected candidates will have to report at IITH on the reporting date with necessary documents. We may tolerate a delay of 2-3 days for exceptional reasons such as exams, if communicated well in advance.
- One has to work for at least 8 weeks to receive stipend from the funded internships.
Accommodation for interns will be provided in ODF hostels only and not in Kandi hostels.
- Submit your online application here.
- Faculty profiles can be found here
- Faculty research details can be found here
1. Do the students have a flexibility in joining date?
The intern has to join the program before 31st May, and should spend at least 8 weeks.
2. Any accommodation will be provided to participants of SI?
3. What is the typical stipend?
Typically 15K (INR) for 10 weeks. If an intern stays only for 8 weeks, he/she gets 12K; for 9 weeks, 13.5K. You need to pay separately for boarding and lodging. This stipend is paid subject to availability of funds from sponsored projects, dept funds, etc. You can get exact information on stipend to be paid (if any) from your internship advisor after you are selected for the internship.