11th May 2022: The written test will be conducted online on 21st May 2022 from 12:00-12:35 pm. More details about the test platform and other instructions will be informed to the shortlisted candidates through email, by early next week.
09th May 2022: The shortlist for the written test can be found here. The eligibility criteria mentioned on this website is used for the shortlisting.
04th May 2022: Due to multiple extensions to the application deadline, there is a change in the timeline for the selection process. The application ids of the candidates shortlisted for written test will be announced by 9th May 2022. Please keep your application id handy. The test will be held online on 21st May 2022. It will be based on the basics of Computer Science and Data Science. Relevant topics are Programming, Probability, Data Structures and Algorithms, Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra, and basic concepts in Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning.
31st March 2022: The deadline for application has been extended to 25 April 2022 (23:59 IST).
14th March 2022: We are currently accepting applications for the MDS program. The deadline for submitting applications is
Overview of MDS programme
From August 2018 semester, CSE department is offering a new MTech programme known as MTech in Data Science (MDS). It is an extension to the Executive MTech in Data Science (EMDS) programme and is equivalent to regular MTech programme.
It is a self-paced program of 48 credits that can be taken over 3-5 years. Similar to EMDS programme, students will do 24 credits of coursework in the first two years. In the third year, they would two Capstone projects of 12 credits each. If a student is not interested in doing the 24 credits of Capstone projects, then he/she can graduate with the Executive MTech in Data Science (EMDS) degree.
Students have the option of taking lesser number of courses in different semesters and complete the course requirement in 2-4 years. The classes will be held over the weekends or other timings suitable for working professionals.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process
- This programme is exclusively for professionals working in the industry.
- The candidate should have a BTech/BE degree in CS/EE/IT/ECE, or an MCA, an MSc/MS/ME/M.Tech. degree in CS/IT.
- At least 70% marks or 7.0 CGPA in one of the qualifying exams (BTech/BE in CS/EE/IT/ECE, or MCA, or MSc/MS/ME/M.Tech. in CS/IT)
- By the date of application deadline, the candidate must have a minimum three years of work experience in a relevant industry and be employed in industry at the time of applying. Internship experience, teaching experience, and the experience before completing the earliest qualifying degree (as listed above) are not counted.
- Exceptional candidates with B.Tech./BE degree or an ME/M.Tech. degree in other disciplines will be considered, provided they have outstanding academic records and strong programming work experience in the industry (which should be clearly demonstrated in the application), and/or strong background in data science/related areas (which should be clearly demonstrated in the application). The right to shortlist such candidates (with a different academic training background other than those listed in Point 2) will remain with IIT-H. The objective criteria regarding minimum experience and marks in qualifying exam remain the same as mentioned above.
- Candidates must fill an online application.
- The selection will be based on written tests conducted in IIT Hyderabad in end of May.,followed by online interviews. The written test schedule will be published in the website after the last date of submitting applications is over. Candidates will be shortlisted for interviews based on written test performance.
- However, due to the COVID-19 situation, there are uncertainties regarding the dates of the written exam. If the travel advisories by Government or the decisions taken by the institute/department prohibit travel and gathering, then the selection will be based on only interviews (no written test). In that case stricter shortlisting criteria will be followed, and the list of candidates shortlisted for the interviews will be put up in the website. In case we go ahead with this interview-only approach, all candidates may not be interviewed even if they satisfy the basic eligibility criteria. The department reserves the right to set any cut off criteria for shortlisting the candidates.
09-May-2022 : Announcement of the shortlisted candidates for written test.
21-May-2022 : Written test.
By 25-May-2022 : Announcement of the candidates selected for interviews.
Till end June : Interviews.
Last week on June/First week of July : Announcement of selected candidates.
27th July 2022 : Registration for selected candidates.
August 2022 : Classes commence.
The courses would be offered either on Saturdays from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm or on Monday - Friday from 8:30 - 10:00 am. The time slot in which a course would be taught would be informed to students beforehand to help them in deciding electives. The courses are offered through online mode and the candidates can attend the classes from anywhere in the world. However, end-semester exams typically happen on-campus.
Help Desk Timings
9:30 am-1:00 pm and 2:00 pm-5:30 pm (Monday-Friday) (Note: Candidates are requested to call us on Government working days only)
Admin Office, CSE Dept
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad