Awards & Honours
- Kannan Chandrasekaran received the first prize in the Samsung Innovation Award 2018
- Dr. C. Krishna Mohan's work is covered by Economic Times and Times of India.
- In the 7th convocation ceremony, CSE students Ibrahim Dalal and Sneha Reddy received gold medal from Hon'ble President of India.
- Abhishek Patwardhan and Jonathan Marbaniang (CSE MTech students) receive AMD Best MTech project award
- Saurabh Joshi, Prateek Kumar and Sukrut Rao win one gold and one silver at MaxSAT Evaluations 2018
- Dr. Vineeth Balasubramanian's work on understanding online user-engagement is covered by The Hindu.
- Chirag Juyal, Sandeep Kulkarni, Sweta Kumari, Dr. Sathya Peri and Archit Somani, win "Best poster award" at International Conference on Networked Systems (NETYS'18)
- 8 IITH students (6 from CSE and 2 from EE) are selected for summer internship at University of Tokyo under Sakura Science Plan.
- Dr Sparsh Mittal's paper on branch prediction techniques is covered by InsideHPC.com
- The following students had their Google summer of code 2018 proposals accepted:
- Ajay Brahmakshatriya (CSE BTech 2012-2016 student) accepted into PhD program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Sneha Reddy and Bhavana Jain accepted into Facebook AI Residency fellowship program.
- Sneha Reddy accepted into Google AI Residency fellowship program.
- Sneha Reddy, Yash Chandarana, Ayushi Patel accepted into Masters program at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU).
- Vishwak S receives S.N. Bose Fellowship and will intern at CMU in summer of 2018 as a result of this fellowship.
- Dr Saurabh Joshi's Open-WBO solver won 2 gold and 1 silver at the MaxSAT 2017 evaluations.
- Dr. Karteek Sreenivasaiah receives DST's INSPIRE faculty award.
- Thomas Valerrian Pasca and Sumanta Patro won the Second Best paper Award in IEEE ANTS 2017.
- Sukrut Rao has been selected for Honda Young Engineer and Scientist (Y-E-S) Award 2017-18.
- The submission of Hrishikesh Vaidya, Akilesh B, Abhishek Patwardhan and Ramakrishna Upadrasta, entitled "When Polyhedral Optimizations Meet Deep Learning Kernels" is judged as one of the top 3 submissions at HiPC-SRS-2017.
- Ajay Singh (a CSE student) has been awarded fellowship under Charpak Research Internship Program 2017 by the French government. See more details here.
- Dr Sparsh Mittal's proposal for recruiting a student on Intel PhD Fellowship 2018 is approved.
- Dr. Sparsh Mittal gave an invited talk in Intel's India Research Colloquium 2017 on the topic "Towards addressing memory bottlenecks in hardware accelerators for machine learning."
Several CSE students have their proposals accepted in Google summer of code 2017. See here.
Jayashree Pougajendy, CSE Ph.D. student receives TCS Scholarship.
Dr. Saurabh Joshi and Dr. Kotaro Kataoka delivered invited talks at Research Workshop organized by YP affinity group, IEEE Hyderabad.
Dr. Sparsh Mittal's research paper has been covered by StorageSearch.com technical news website. See here.
In summer 2017, ten CSE students completed internship at the University of Tokyo.
Dr. Sparsh Mittal delivered an invited lecture at VelTech University, Chennai on the topic "Next-generation Computing Architectures: Challenges and Solution Directions".
Dr. Saurabh Joshi, Dr. Sparsh Mittal and Dr. Srijith PK have received SERB early career research (ECR) award.
- Dr. Vineeth Balasubramanian gets 'Excellence in Teaching award' at 9th Foundation Day of IITH.
- Dr. Sparsh Mittal's research paper has been covered by InsideHPC.com. See here.
- Dr. Sparsh Mittal delivered an invited talk at PARCOMPTECH 2017 (Bengaluru) conference. The conference was organized by C-DAC.
- Ayush Pateria (CSE undergraduate student) participated in a hackathon conducted by a Japenese company Mercari in Hyatt Mumbai and came in the top 10 among the students from all the IITs. He won an all-expense-paid tour to Tokyo along with a sum of 50000 JPY.
- Abhishek Patwardhan and Ramakrishna Upadrasta get best poster award at IEEE HiPC-SRS-2016.
- Das Santanu, Dangeti Tharun Kumar, Bora Utpal and U Ramakrishna get best poster awards at IEEE HiPC-SRS-2016.
- Dr. Vineeth Balasubramanian gave an invited talk at Intel India Research Colloquium on the topic "Towards Deep Socio-Behavioral Intelligence".
- Mr. Earnest Paul Ijjina, a PhD Student working with Dr. C. Krishna Mohan has won joint First Prize at the 6th IDRBT Doctoral Colloquium for his work on "Human Action Recognition Using Deep Learning". First prize carries a prize money of Rs 1.5 Lakh (shared) along with a certificate.
- Bhavana Jain, CSE BTech student receives Venkat Panchpakesan Memorial Scholarship Awarded by Google.
- Bhavana Jain and Sneha Reddy, CSE BTech students are selected as Google Anita Borg Scholars.
- Utpal Bora’s proposal “Polly as a pass in LLVM” has been accepted into Google Summer of Code 2016 in the LLVM Compiler.
- Utpal Bora and Nandini Singhal received travel funding for LLVM Meeting in USA in Nov 2016.
- 10 students of CSE dept have done summer internship in 2016 in Japan as part of Sakura Science Plan (SSP), conducted between IITH and the University of Tokyo and funded by JST, Japan.
- Fabless Chip Design Incubator established at EE and CSE @IITH.
- Pseudo-Boolean 2016: Dr. Saurabh Joshi’s solver: 2nd and 3rd ranks.
- Earnest Paul: Attended In-Residence Programme held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, 2016.
- Adarsh Pugalia & Shalin Shah: 1st prize in TCS Codevita 2016.
- Intel India PhD Fellowships: Arghya Pal.
- Microsoft Research India Travel Grant (2016): Dinesh Singh
- SERB early career award to Dr. Antony Franklin
- 3 young faculty awards from Visvesvaraya PhD scheme to Dr. Bheemarjuna Reddy Tamma, Dr. Ramkrishna Upadrasta and Dr. Sobhan Babu
- Best Paper Award in Internet of Things, at Telecommunications Std Development Society, 2016 (Pragati Shrivastava, Vipul Jindal, T. Prathyusha, C.V. Shashank).
- MoU with HYD city police to enhance safety of citizens by using video analytics
- Hatim Lokhandwala (M.Tech student) and Aref Kashani won both Mobile and Web application Testing event at BugAthon 2015, conducted by Agile Testing Alliance
- Tharun Raj Soma: Bronze medal (3rd among 16 I.I.T.s) at Inter I.I.T. Tech Meet 2015 for the event Model Village.
- Best Paper Award at IEEE ICACCI
- Project Smart-Home: 2nd prize in IoT Hackathaon 2015 (Pragati, Vipul, Prathyusha, Konjengbam Anand, Vishal, Shashank, Prakash Pawar).
2014 & Before:
- TCS India PhD Fellowships, USC Viterbi Fellowships
- Best Paper Award at IEEE HiPC